Speaking Situations: Making Suggestions
- Phrases for these situations
I think you should. . .
I don’t think you should. . .
Maybe you should. . .
Why don’t you. . .
Why don’t we. . .
Let’s. . .
That’s a good idea.
Thanks for the advice.
Sounds like a good idea.
With a partner, practice making suggestions in the following situations:
1. Help your partner decide which item to buy.
2. Warn your partner against doing something.
3. Suggest that your partner change his/her plans.
4. Help your partner make up his/her mind.
5. Suggest doing an activity together.
A: Should I buy the Porsche or the Ferrari?
B: I think you should buy the Ferrari.
A: Why is that?
B: Because I’d like to borrow it.
A: Why don’t you give Daphne a call?
B: Good idea. I haven’t seen her for awhile.
A: Maybe you should ask her out.
B: Hmmm. I’ll think about it.