Learn English Now!
Free Lesson for Today:
How the Stock Market Works
Category: Money and Wealth
Type of Material: Video
Which of these words do you know already? Which ones are new to you?
Listen to (your teacher, tutor, or a native English speaker) pronounce them.
Repeat or say them for yourself.
get rid of
Think about the topic. What do you know about it already?
Why do companies sell shares of stock?
Why do investors want to buy stocks?
What information would you like to learn about stocks?
Watch the video to find out how the stock market works.
Summarize the article in your own words. Tell a partner about what you have heard.
Questions for Comprehension
- What kinds of things can you invest in?
- Besides stocks, what are other financial assets you can buy?
- When you buy stock, what are you actually buying?
- What happens when you buy a stock?
- What does a broker do?
- What happens when stocks go down?
- What happens when stocks go up?