Learn English Now!
Free Lesson for Today:
Six Tips to Maintain Good Health
Category: Health and Wellness
Which of these words do you know already? Which ones are new to you?
Listen to (your teacher, tutor, or a native English speaker) pronounce them.
Repeat or say them for yourself.
go the extra mile
when it comes to . . .
be loaded with
load up on
Think about the topic. What do you know about it already?
Read a brief excerpt of the article to get a quick idea of what it is about:
- “Everybody wants to be healthy, but very few make the effort to go the extra mile and adopt a healthy habits on a day to day basis. However, with more awareness towards a fit and healthy lifestyle, people increasingly are working towards it. The key to maintaining good health is the combination of many factors like regular exercise, good diet, stress management, work-life balance, healthy relationships, high self-esteem and more. Nothing can be substituted for another. If you been looking for some basic guidelines on how to maintain good health, step this way. ” Sushmita Sengupta
Now, read the article. Click here for full text. (827 words)
Summarize the article in your own words. Tell a partner about what you have read.
Questions for Comprehension
- What are some important reasons for staying hydrated throughout the day?
- What is the relationship between fruits and vegetables and essential nutrients?
- What part of your body, mentioned by the author, is affected when you skip meals?
- What kinds of foods does the brain consider as reward foods?
- What are fats necessary for?