Topic: Flying Solo Around the World
Title: Millionaire Pilot Completes Record-setting Nonstop Solo Flight
Author: John Milburn
Source: Associated Press / Seattle Times
Date: Thursday, Mar. 3, 2005
New words you will see in this article:
1. What do you think motivated Mr. Fossett to perform this amazing feat?
2. What did he have to do to prepare for the journey?
3. What do you think gave him the biggest thrill?
(just completing the journey, being the first one to do it solo,
the risk factor, the spectacular views from above, something else)
4. If you were Mr. Fossett, what do you think would be your major worry during the flight?
5. What type of adventure would you like to have in the future?
For More Practice
Pretend you are Mr. Fossett and just completed the journey.
What will you say to the news reporters?
Remember to use some of the new words you have learned.