The Word is:”would”
modal verb: would; modal verb: wouldst
1.past of will1, in various senses.
- “he said he would be away for a couple of days”
- used to give advice.
- expressing willingness or consent.
- expressing a wish or regret.
“would that he had lived to finish it”
2. (expressing the conditional mood) indicating the consequence of an imagined event or situation.
“I wouldn’t drink that if I were you”
3.expressing a desire or inclination.
4. expressing a polite request.
“who would live here?”
5. expressing a conjecture, opinion, or hope.
“they would say that, wouldn’t they?”
Source credit: Google