Indian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Port City
Look at the picture.
Read the questions.
Think about the topic.
What comes to mind when you think of archeology?
How do most archeologists do their work?
Do you think archeologists might want to work underwater?
What ancient treasures might they find?
Would you like to be an undersea archeologist? Why or why not?
Read and Pronounce
Read the passage to your tutor. He / She will listen and correct your pronunciation.
Indian archaeologists have found what they believe are undersea “stone structures”
This is an excerpt. For full article, click here. Source: abc.net.au
Read the text aloud to your tutor. Your tutor will listen and provide you with feedback.
With your tutor, you may wish to discuss the following:
1. What makes this discovery most interesting to you?
2. How should the Archeological Society of India approach this project to preserve its ancient treasures?
3. Why was this undersea city not discovered by explorers before now?
4. If it were not for the tsunami, how long do you think it would have taken to find these ruins?
5. Do you believe there are other, yet undiscovered, ruins of ancient cities in the world? If so, where?
Talk with your tutor about this topic.
Use the expressions and vocabulary you learned.
Use the related resources below to learn more.
|Try to guess what these words mean from reading the article. Discuss with your tutor or partner.
New words you see in this article: