What you need to know about Irregular Verbs in English
Irregular verbs can be quite confusing in English. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to them.
- Actually, irregular verbs follow certain patterns with regard to form, spelling and pronunciation.
- The key is to understand how irregular verbs are related to each other in their various forms (base, past, past participle).
- When you rearrange irregular verbs (not alphabetically), you can recognize the common patterns that exist among them.
- There are 22 patterns for irregular English verbs.
- Check out our video or reference book to see them all.
Irregular Verbs in English: Finally Explained!