Title: Chimps Break Out, Attack Visitors
Source: Associated Press / KSL News
Date: Thursday, Mar. 3, 2005
Click for article.
Try to guess what these words mean from reading the article.
If you need help, check out OneLook Dictionary Search.
New words you will see in this article:
1. What is your opinion about using animals for scientific research or study?
2. Do you think people should be allowed to keep (wild) animals in cages or as pets?
3. What are the dangers of human beings interacting with animals?
4. Who do you think is most responsible for the victims’ injuries?
(the victims themselves, the owners of the animals, the chimpanzees, someone else)
5. What is the best way to teach children about wild animals?
(e.g. zoos, sanctuaries, books, films, other)
For More Practice
Summarize the story in your own words.
Remember to use some of the new words you have learned.