Occupations A – K
Occupations L – Z
(Click on pictures for pronunciation.)
What do you know about these occupations?
Which one(s) would you be interested in doing?
What kind of job would you like your son/daughter to have?
Some of these jobs are difficult and dangerous. Would you be willing to try them?
See Identifying People, Things.
1. (If you are already working) Are you happy with your current occupation?
2. (If you are a still in school) What kind of job would you like to have after you graduate?
3. Do you think parents should choose occupations for their children?
4. How many times did your father/mother change jobs?
In your opinion, is it a good idea to move from job to job? Why or why not?
5. What is the most interesting part-time job you have had in your life?
See Talking about Occupations.
Ask your partner about his/her occupation.
Tell about a typical day on the job.
(What types of things do you do at work every day?)
Teach your partner how to do your job for one day.
Pretend you are the boss.
Interview your partner for a position at your company.