Topic: Giant Surfboard
Title: Surfers Ride Giant Board into Record Books
Source: Associated Press / WFAN
Date: Tuesday, Mar. 8, 2005
Click for article.
Try to guess what these words mean from reading the article.
If you need help, check out OneLook Dictionary Search.
New words you will see in this article:
break the record
set a record
worth the effort
1. Why do you think people endeavor to break records?
2. What was unusual about this particular feat?
3. Would you like to have been part of the team in this record-breaking event?
Why or why not?
4. What are some of the strangest “records” you have heard about?
5. What do you think you could break or set a record for?
For More Practice
Pretend you are a news reporter and want to interview one of the
record-breaking surfers. What will you ask him/her?
What will you ask the observers?
Role play the above situation(s) with a partner.