1. Do you like basketball?
Yes I do./ No, I don’t.
2. What kind of food do you like?
I like Italian food.
1. With a partner, practice asking and answering questions about sports, activities, or food that you like/don’t like.
2. Talk about what your friends like/don’t like.
Example: Does Kindra like bowling? No. She doesn’t.
What kinds of food does Sam like?
He likes meat and potatoes.*
3. Talk about movies or music that you like.
When speaking generally, it’s easiest to use plurals with count nouns:
I like apples. (count – plural)
I don’t like radishes. (count -plural)
I don’t like soda pop. (non-count)
Speaking Situations: Expressing Likes and Dislikes
- Phrases to use with these situations