The Word is:”year”
noun: year; plural noun: years; noun: tropical year; plural noun: tropical years; noun: astronomical year; plural noun: astronomical years; noun: equinoctial year; plural noun: equinoctial years; noun: solar year; plural noun: solar years; noun: calendar year; plural noun: calendar years; noun: civil year; plural noun: civil years; plural noun: one’s years
1. the time taken by the earth to make one revolution around the sun.
- a period of twelve months measured from a point other than 1 January.
“it’s almost a year since his heart attack”
synonyms: twelve-month period, twelve-month session;
calendar year, tax year, financial year,
- fiscal year, FY;
literarysun, summer, winter;
“he become Head of Campaigns for one year”
- a year regarded in terms of the quality of something produced.
“single-vineyard wine of a good year”
- a period similar to a year used for reckoning time according to other calendars.
“the Muslim year”
2. the period of 365 days (or 366 days in leap years) starting from the first of January, used for reckoning time in ordinary circumstances.
3. one’s age or time of life.
“she had a composure well beyond her years”
a very long time; ages.
“it’s going to take years to put that right”
5. a set of students grouped together as being of roughly similar ages, mostly entering a school or college in the same academic year.
“most of the girls in my year were leaving at the end of the term”
Source credit: Google