Controlling Sugar Levels
Topic: Health: Diet: Sugar
1. Look at the picture. Think about the topic.
Read the questions.
- How does the type of food you eat (your diet) affect your health?
- What are some good / nutritious foods to eat?
- What are some foods you should avoid eating?
- How about sugar? Is it good for your health?
- What can be the consequences of eating too much sugar?
This video is about how to avoid having too much sugar in your diet and what types of food you can replace excess sugar with.
2. Vocabulary Words
To get started, look at these words and pictures about food:
Listen and Pronounce
How many of these words do you know?
Say the words out loud. Your tutor will listen and correct your pronunciation.
|General Words||More Food Words||Scientific Words|
*These words are not so common at this level.
3. Watch the Video
Click here to watch the video:
Low Sugar Foods to Control Glucose Levels (Click on the black box at link.)
4. Conversation Practice
Talk to your classmates or tutor about this video.
Listen and ask appropriate related questions.
1. Tell your classmates about what you typically eat every day.
2. Ask your classmates about what they usually eat.
3. What suggestions do you have for a healthier diet?
4. Are you concerned about getting diabetes in the future?
5. What can you do to prevent getting this serious disease?
5. More Practice
Talk with your tutor about this topic.
Summarize the video in your own words.
Use the expressions and vocabulary you learned.
Ask questions to discover more information.
Use related resources to learn more.
More videos on this topic