What you need to know about “Elevator Pitch“
What is an elevator pitch or elevator speech?
- An elevator pitch is a very short presentation (30 seconds to one minute) that you can use to quickly introduce yourself, your company, or you products.
- It is called an “elevator pitch” because it can be given in the time it takes to travel up or down a few floors in an elevator.
- “Pitch” implies that you are trying to sell something in a short time. In some cases, you are trying to “sell” information about yourself.
- Prepare a short elevator speech to impress your listener in a few seconds. (That may be all the time you have.)
- Have your elevator pitch ready to go whenever you encounter a prospective employer or client.
See sample elevator pitches at the links below.