Learn English Now!
Free Lesson for Today:
How to Ace a Job Interview
Category: Jobs and Career
Type of Material: Video
Which of these words do you know already? Which ones are new to you?
Listen to (your teacher, tutor, or a native English speaker) pronounce them.
Repeat or say them for yourself.
to ace (something)
get a feel for
HR (Human Resources)
the stakes are high
come down to
a nice touch
go(es) a long way
set (someone) apart
Think about the topic. What do you know about it already?
Have you ever faced a job interview before? How did you feel?
What do you need to do to prepare for a job interview?
What tips would you suggest to a friend who is going to be interviewed?
Watch the video and find out what the speaker recommends for acing a job interview.
Summarize the article in your own words. Tell a partner about what you have learned.
Questions for Comprehension
- What are the ten things the speaker recommends for a job interview. List them here.
- Tell why each of these tips are important.
- What are his tips on dressing for success?
- Why is it important to leave a good impression on everyone in the office?
- Why should you ask questions about the company during the interview?