The Word is:”not”
1. used with an auxiliary verb or ‘be’ to form the negative.
“he would not say”
“he has been warned not to touch”
2. used as a short substitute for a negative clause.
“maybe I’ll regret it, but I hope not”
3. used to express the negative of other words.
“not a single attempt was made”
“not all the poems are serious”
“the brakes went on not ten feet from him”
4. used in understatements to suggest that the opposite of a following word or phrase is true.
“the not too distant future”
following and emphatically negating a statement.
“that sounds like quality entertainment—not”
noun: not; noun: NOT
1. a Boolean operator with only one variable that has the value one when the variable is zero and vice versa.
a circuit which produces an output signal only when there is not a signal on its input.
plural noun: nots; noun: not gate; plural noun: not gates
adjective: Not; adjective: not
(of paper) not hot-pressed, and having a slightly textured surface.
Source credit: Google