- See or hear the vocabulary used in context
- Sample contexts: reading material, audio, video, conversation
- Sometimes you can guess meaning from the situation.
- What type of word is it (noun, verb, adjective)?
- Look at the words around it.
- Try to read or listen to as much English as possible.
- See our Vocabulary Links here.
Choose from a variety of sources
- Some words carry special or emotional meanings
- Example: house vs. home
- Some words can have many different meanings
- Example: play, set, run